Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Here's an update...

I am sorry that I haven't replied to the calls and emails. I am in hanging in there. I won't lie and say that I am fine. I am ok. I have glimmers of everything being good, then something triggers an emotion. I know that I will get through this. God is in control; He doesn't give us more than we can handle; He could be saving me from some greater pain. I do know this, but it still hurts. Life is going on, but there are moments when I need to be selfish and have a pity party. Please bear with me. My storybook romance has become, well, a nightmare. I do wish I could wake up and this be all over; but reality sets in. My life is a country song gone from bad to worse. I can quote many songs right now, including Kelly Clarkson's "Behind These Hazel Eyes." But there is hope as in Third Day's "Tunnel" and the oldie, but goodie, "Be Thine My Vision."

I am still living in Trinidad. I will be here until the end of the school year. I will be staying in the loft that we rented when I first moved. If you come through Trinidad, you do have a place to stop or stay. I have plenty of room now and I would love the company.

My students are my focus now. As talkative as they are, I am enjoying them. I do have some stories to tell. I am getting an education with some. I went to see a few boys play football. It's a small thing that I can do for them. Some of the girls are beginning volleyball so hopefully I can see them too.

I appreciate all that you have done for me. I wish I could respond to each email or call, but emotionally and physically, I cannot. There are times where I just can't talk. There are times I just have to cry. And, yes, I have laughed. Not a lot, but I have. I talked to a friend on the phone tonight, and as she said, I am the nice one and she is the very evil friend. She made me laugh which was good.

This weekend will be hard. What was supposed to be the happiest weekends of my life will now be one of the hardest. I am not sure of plans. I am not sure what I can or should do. Some friends and family are still coming in so it will be nice to see them. I will be at church again. Oh, church, a comfort place. I still need the hugs. I know this is not the most pleasant posting to read, but I needed to share where I am at. Keep in touch. Thanks again! God bless....Amy

1 comment:

erika said...

thanks so much for sharing. we love you and are praying for you~