Saturday, October 25, 2008

34 years ago...

My mother brought me into this world. Ok, so my birthday is 1:16am tomorrow, but she was in labor at this time. I was looking forward to this birthday, but it will be bittersweet. 12 years ago, my Grandpa Simmon passed away. Since then, I don't look forward to my birthday. I am in the Springs, but I will be heading back to the Springs. Yet, I am blessed. I need to remind myself of the blessings that I have ~
*God loves me
*I am forgiven
*I have 2 wonderful parents
*I have incredible friends
*A church family
*My ECA family - I can still go back and be loved on.
*I have a job
*I have a place to lay my head
*I live in a free country - where I can worship openly and to vote
*The material things in life - DVR, Chick-fil-a, Internet
*Living only 2 hours away from home

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HI Amy, Ally and I both pray that you have a special birthday. You are such a special young your faithfulness to Him. lady. God will richly bless you forI always rmember you have birthday in October a few weeks before Noah's even though I don't always remember to get a card out to you. Love, Ally and Clarice

Unknown said...

Amy, I am sorry it is coming late but we all wish you a happy birthday. We have prayed for you and hope you are healing. Grieving is a hard process. Parker continues to speak of you with a huge smile on his face. We miss you and hope to have you back here some day!!!!!
Love, The Johnsons