Friday, August 29, 2008

Yes, my life is on crack...

Well, that's at least what my friend, Michelle, told me. SO, if you haven't heard...

Last Friday, I was offered a 6th grade math and science teaching position at Trinidad Middle School. I interviewed in the morning then offered the job and accepted it that afternoon. I began this last Tuesday. Students start Sept. 2. I have been in meetings most of the week and trying to set up my classroom. It's not where I would like it, but it will have to do. The school had registration yesterday and I was able to meet some of my new students. I have 7 classes - advisory (we knew it as homeroom), 2 advanced math classes, 2 science classes, and 2 math skills class (extra help).

That brings us to the next question...where are you living? Well, last week, Ryan and I looked at a "loft." Most of us would refer to it as an apartment, but loft sounds much more urban. LOL. We tried to find a suitable house, but we really liked the loft. It is brand new, wood floors, vaulted ceilings, and convenient for all of us. It's in downtown Trinidad. I have the lofty goal to walk to Safeway at least once. By the way, the Safeway has the Starbucks. The loft is beautiful! We signed the lease on Wednesday and got the keys today. We are in the Springs tonight, pack tomorrow, I am going to Wendy's shower tomorrow afternoon, and then we are heading to Trinidad. Oh, yah, we also have to get Ryanna's flower girl shoes. Ryan got a trailer so we are going to load up my beds, clothes, and some other school stuff. TV viewing will be on the floor until we get the furniture. I loved staying with his grandparents, but it will be nice to be in my own place.

No comments: