Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ryan meets the Siblings!

Over the 4th of July weekend, we traveled to Columbus, Ohio, for my annual Sibling Soiree. I have 3 older (half) siblings and they have another (half) sister so the 5 siblings plus families get together to catch up and let the 2nd generation hang out. Aunt Ryan and Uncle Jeff (the other sister and husband) were the hosts so we flew to Ohio.
It was a great weekend. The Texas Madays and us arrived Thursday while everyone else came after lunch on Friday. Justin, the oldest nephew, also brought his girlfriend, Kelli. It was nice to have another newbie there too. Ryan and Kelli both were grilled throughout the weekend.

Friday was a day of just talking and, of course, watching fireworks. This was also the time for the grilling of Ryan and Kelli.

On Saturday, we had family pics. I don't have any candids of Ryan and me yet. Then we had a family foto scavenger hunt at at local mall. It was a great time. Ryan and I lost, but I think it's because my family cheats! LOL. We also went mini-golfing. The 4 youngest nephews got to pick teams. Now, when you belong to a family of golfers, mini-golfing tends to be a little bit competitive. Joshua, Stephanie, Jennifer, and I were on 1 team. At the end of the round, my team lost, but I ended up with the overall lowest score. Jennifer got a score of 1 on the 18th hole so she won a t-shirt. That night, we watched Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Art in the Hilperts backyard.



The 2nd generation. Ages 8-24.


Ryan & I at Cheryl & Co. A Columbus cookie company.

Then on Sunday, we had brunch at The Worthington Inn. We all left that afternoon.

Jennifer, Greg, and John. AKA as the 1st litter

So, what did I learn about Ryan this weekend? He's pretty handy in the kitchen. Actually, I knew from a couple of weeks ago. But, since we stayed with Aunt Ryan and Jeff, we pitched in with kitchen duty. We would stay up each night cleaning from the day and cooking for the next day.

We also got some more wedding details hammered out. We changed a few things (like now the ceremony is at 1:30) and added some people to the ceremony (can't tell ya'll because we haven't asked them yet).

No comments: